Thursday, June 2, 2011

HELP! How does one change a starter on a 1995 Toyota 4-Runner.?

I am strapped for cash right now and I have a starter under warranty. My mechanic is nice enough to order a new one (life-time warranty...) but I cannot figure out how to remove the starter. I am know auto mechanics pretty well, but I am stumped as to how to remove the old starter. It looks like I have to remove the inner fender well, but I can't see how. I can't afford to have the work done by my mechanic and I really don't want to have to ask him either. Anyone? Please.HELP! How does one change a starter on a 1995 Toyota 4-Runner.?
take off passenger tire and there is a small plate held on with 10mm bolts above the upper control arm. take that off and there will be enough room to get the starter out.it will take some wiggling and maneuvering to get it out(this is for 4wd 4runner) the 2wd should drop out from the bottom.always disconnect the battery cause the big wire is hot.you can get to the 12mm nut and solenoid wire from the bottom. to get to the bolts for the starter you need a long extension and a swivel 14mm socket.HELP! How does one change a starter on a 1995 Toyota 4-Runner.?
You wouldnt be strapped for cash, the world wouldnt. How about u buy american cars so our country would have a lot of money
  • Why do little dogs shake
  • natural remedies for pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment