Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do i change the starter on a 98 Deville?

I am trying to save money. And I need to change my starter on a 98 Deville, made by Cadillac. I know that I need to take off the plastic cover to get to the intake, but beyond that I want to be sure that I am doing the rest properly. How do I change the starter on this 98 Deville?



Can you give me some basic, and clear steps? Are there any real mechanics that can help me with this, who are certified ACE.How do i change the starter on a 98 Deville?
Make sure you've got a good battery, battery cable connections and that the ignition switch is switching 12 volts down to the starter's solenoid coil. If you haven't done that, your starter may not be bad. Even a security problem on your GM could be keeping the ignition voltage from reaching the solenoid on the starter. There's many more reasons why a starter won't run than having a bad starter motor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment