Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do i change the starter of my car?

I have a 1997 geo prism. I heard it's just like a Toyota corolla, so i have been following corolla instructions.



My starter isn't working, and i am trying to remove and replace it, but i can't find. I already have removed the air filter box, and the air canister, but i still can't find the starter. Can anyone tell me where it is, and how to replace it?How do i change the starter of my car?
first clean battery cables charge battery but if you type into search box



how to remove car starter

how to remove car starter video



that should be enough to know its under car you remove battery cable jack up car slide under car remove two bolts let down starter remove wires your done about 30 minutes battery an dbattery cables go bad long before starters so should check and clean firstHow do i change the starter of my car?
I don't think this is a job for you, and your starter motor may not be bad. There's many reasons other than the starter motor why your engine will not crank over when you try to start it. The only way to replace most starter motors is with the car on a lift to access the underside of the engine. Some vehicles are especially difficult to replace the starter motor on. Make sure to replace your battery after 4 years and have the battery cable connectors removed and cleaned with a wire brush. Your ignition switch could be faulty. Your wiring could be faulty.How do i change the starter of my car?
Follow the positive cable from the battery... it will go to the starter...How do i change the starter of my car?
under the engine,left side.How do i change the starter of my car?
following the positive cable from the battery will lead you directly to the starter.



From there you remove 2 long olts, lower the starter.



Now remove one wire at a time and wire to your new starter so you dont cross anything.



then just bolt it back up and your off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment