Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i change a starter & tune up?

For a first timer I was wondering how do i go about changing the starter in a 95 ford taurus?

Also is been awhile over 90,000 miles since the car had a tune up and I was thinking of changing the spark plugs myself and maybe the wires any suggestion would be appreciated. As I lost my job and need to save every nickle and dime I have.



Thanks for your helpHow do i change a starter %26amp; tune up?
Don't get lazy make sure you disconnect the battery first. I find if their is anymore than one wire running to a terminal (common on older machinery and cars here in Australia) zip tie them together, also mark everything especially the first time its so much better than guessing with electrical you rarely get a second chance.Do the plugs and leads one at a time can't mix them up that way (I've been laughed at for this but have NEVER had a car not start because I've confused No1 for No2)

Good luck take your time and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done.How do i change a starter %26amp; tune up?
first undo the batterie terminals then locate the starter unbolt the wires but remember which nub they came off then undo the two main bolts holding it up take it to autozone and have them test it to see if it is good if its bad replace the same way you took it off. as for spark plug and wires you need a spark plug socket just take your time and do 1 at a time so you dont mess up and get the firing order wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment