Thursday, September 22, 2011

06 ltr 450 starting problem?

I am having a problem with my ltr starting when i try to start the atv it will turn over a couple times then the starter still spins but the motor stops spinning. Before i bought the new battery the motor would spin slowly and then just stop so i figured the battery was shot cause it wouldn't take charge or nothing so i went and bought a new battery and now like i said it will spin great for about 3 cranks and then it just quits spinning the motor but the starter will still spin and lately when i have been starting it it is very noisy i think it is coming from the starter. I took the starter off and it seems to work fine if i hook 12 volt battery up to it, it spins just fine isn't loud or nothing. I was wondering if there is such a thing called a starter drive in the ltr my friend told me that his dad had to change his starter drive in his bike he has a crotch rocket. He also said he had to take the motor apart in order to do so. But if anyone knows what maybe wrong im all ears or if anyone else has had something similar to this problem and wouldn't mind explaining how you fixed it. I do have a warranty on it but the last two times i took it in to get some transmission work and then some motor work done on it they charged me both times so i kinda hate to take it in.06 ltr 450 starting problem?
How many hours do you have on the quad. And have you ever had the valves adjusted. If you haven't the you probably want to check in to doing that.
  • hair do
  • client side script
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment