Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do you find and fix the pcv on a 1996 jeep grand cherokee laredo? Need answers, please... lol?

I have a 1996 jeep grand cherokee Lardeo, with 6 cy. 4.0 L engine. I've been having some issues, kind of like jerking a little. But it's only every once in a while, and I've had the jeep for 3 months, used. I've gotten an oil change, starter done, dist cap replaced, and some other things done to it. Normally when its a little low, (like maybe 1/4 tank gone) it may or may not do it, but whenever I fill her up, it runs smoothly. I think it's the pcv but I can't seem to find it on my engine. If anyone with any information may know how to fix this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, I think I broke the hose on top of the engine in the process of looking for the pcv, so if anyone know how to fix that as well, lol, I'd greatly appreciate that.How do you find and fix the pcv on a 1996 jeep grand cherokee laredo? Need answers, please... lol?
you don't have a pcv valve. All 4.0 engines '87-up use what's called (ccv) Constant Crankcase Ventilation. Usually when they are clogged up you get blow by, oil in the air filter. You can clean out the elbow and line with engine cleaner then dry them out. Most of time when you mess with these lines they break. You can get new ones from the dealer,not that expensive. Not to many part store carries these.As for the jerking I not sure. Maybe check the fuel filter or the choke.

No comments:

Post a Comment