Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cleaning oil screen on my 97 Saturn?

My car's got over 100k miles and i'm sure it needs to be done. Changing a starter is the most complicated thing i've done with a car. My question is how do i do it? Can I do it? Do i need to buy something before i do (gasket?)?Cleaning oil screen on my 97 Saturn?
you will need a new oil pan gasket because the pump is inside the oil pan.Cleaning oil screen on my 97 Saturn?
By oil screen, I assume you mean from the engine. You probably will not need to do this, it requires dropping the oil pan. What you should do, however, is use a good quality motor flush, like butyl cellosolve, to run through the engine and dissolve trapped sludge and varnish. When you do this, the engine will run freer and improve power and gas mileage. When the oil is drained, it will be like tar. Then, begin using Mobil One 0W-30 oil. It will continue to clean as you drive, reduce friction, prolong engine life, and it only need to be changed once a year or year and a half. Change it when it becomes dark or unusually thick. This means it is doing it's job. Good Luck!!
  • how do i fix my computer
  • white hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment