Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to remove battery without setting off factory alarm?

I'm going to help a friend change his starter today. His car is stranded in a parking lot. I'm not used to working on cars with alarms. He said last time he removed his battery to replace it, the alarm started to sound. To replace is starter (which I'm very familiar with), I'll have to remove the battery from the vehicle. How do I keep the alarm from sounding?



The car is a 1998 Toyota Camry.How to remove battery without setting off factory alarm?
Find the fuse and remove it. Or screw off the lead where the alarm get it's power from. It's usually at the battery terminal.How to remove battery without setting off factory alarm?
Unless the alarm has a back up battery how would the alarm sound if the battery is not hooked up?If need be pull the fuse to the security system.

No comments:

Post a Comment