Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Changing a starter on a 1999 Ford Taurus?

Lately, my car has put up a struggle starting, it will start but it sounds like it wont. Well, last night it didn't. I replaced the battery thinking it was that since it did try to start but then stopped; I figured the battery was dead. A jump start didn't work, turning the ignition just made a click. If I let it sit for a while it would turn over once or half a turn then stop and click again. I replaced the battery, still just clicks when I turn the key. I assume now the only remaining possibility is the starter. Seeing as how the car is dead on the side of the road, would my mechanic friend be able to fix it there or is a lift really necessary?Changing a starter on a 1999 Ford Taurus?
Tow it to the shop. It will need to be in the air to replace the starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment