Thursday, September 22, 2011

Help please.. infected ear piercing?

So I had my second holes pierced about a month ago.. in th first week I had pain and swelling.. Thereafter it healed.. I changed my starters a week ago ( wrong I know, but it was ok). Now suddenly my ears are sore and crusty and swollen.. Its really painfull and I don't know wat to do.. I change my earrings often maybe that's the problem.. Please anyone tel me how to treat this.. I'm scared :( I don't want to end up in hospital with a bad infectionHelp please.. infected ear piercing?
The best thing for you to do right now, especially if you are experiencing a lot of pain, is take out the piercing, clean it as thoroughly as you can and leave it to heal, cleaning it twice a day (before you go to bed and after you wake up) and keep it clean.

If you insist on leaving the piercing in then clean a few times a day as thoroughly as you can. Try not to irritate the ear too much and don't play with the piercing.

If the pain and redness persists after a few days or worsens then take the piercing out (if you haven't already) and go to a doctor before it gets any worse.Help please.. infected ear piercing?
you need to clean your ears every week with peroxide every week and after you need to apply neosporin on the affected area and leave your earrings on its bad to keep changing them when you just recently got them pierced. it happened to me when i got my second hole too. but make sure the earrings that you are wearing are real.Help please.. infected ear piercing?
I have my second holes pierced and my Tragus pierced. But my two holes are very very sensitive! and i don't have real diamonds to put in them and i change them often. But still every once and a while i get the same problem as you, now my holes wont close because i already had them for so long but when i first got them done what i would do is i would wash my ear lobes with just my fingers and water then with a q-tip i would dip in in alcohol and clean the front and back of my ear real good. but every night and morning and if i could during the afternoon i would stick an earring in just to keep my hole open but leave it in for only 5min then clean it all over again.



If your like me then im sorry! Its a pain in the ***. But it will get much better over time.

Good Luck!!Help please.. infected ear piercing?
sounds infected. i would leave it alone and clean it w/ antibacterial soap 2x a day. if you go where you got it done, they would probably recommend sea salt, that you would soak w/ warm water... i would try not to touch it all with hands, and wear comfortable earrings, that would be easy to clean until it heals.Help please.. infected ear piercing?
Changing your starters that quickly wasn't the best move. Piercings heal from the outside in, hence while it might have looked healed it may not have been in the inside.



Not to worry, what's done is done. You need to start soaking with sea salt asap, as frequently as possible. Also, apply to the area Dettol/rubbing alcohol once a day, but not more frequently as it will irritate the area. You may also want to consider a vitamin supplement, which will give your immune system the kick it needs to help fight the infection. Try taking ibuprofen tablets (not sure what the brand names are in your area) to help take down the swelling and ease the pain. Avoid touching it and keep your hair off it. Don't take out the piercings.



All you can do at this stage is wait for it to heal. If, in 2 weeks there's been no improvement, then please go and see your doctor, as you might need antibiotics.Help please.. infected ear piercing?
It's about six weeks till you can change your starters. I had my 4th done 5 weeks ago and I changed my starters. Unfortunately I should have learned by past mistakes that the hole is still tender, sore and bleeds. You can't keep changing the earrings as it's painful and will bleed and then have to heal all over again. The hole will also close up quickly and changing earrings can be difficult. I'm putting peroxide on mine so it dries out. I've changed my starters and now i'll keep the second pair in for a few more weeks until it's healed again.Help please.. infected ear piercing?
Well obviously if your ears are swollen, painful, and crusty, it WASN'T okay to change the studs. If they're swollen and crusty, then it does sound like the beginnings of an infection. Put the starting studs back in after cleaning them really well, because they're usually made of stainless steel, at the very least, which is better than what's in most earrings. Clean your ears really well with the solution you SHOULD have gotten when you had them pierced, three times a day. Leave the studs in until the holes are completely healed, and when you change them don't put in new earrings every day, and don't use cheap ones, as it sounds like your ears may be sensitive. For me, the %26quot;sensitive solutions%26quot; earrings from Claire's are really good; I've never had a bad reaction to them.



If your ears clear up, congratulations. However if the holes start to leak anything other than a thin, semi-clear fluid, you need to take out the earrings and just let the holes grow in. If you get to the point of having yellow/green/bloody/thick pus oozing out of them, then it's game over. You won't need a hospital visit but you won't be able to keep the piercings so don't try at that point. Once you take the earrings out, the infection will heal but the holes will close.



Good luck.Help please.. infected ear piercing?
you took your starters out to soon. maybe you can't wear cheap earrings. Wear real 14kt gold or higher earrings. Your ears are probably infected. Go to the doctor and get your ears checked.
  • extension to sqltableprovider
  • hair spray
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment